Here is a list of projects I have worked on:
InvestigateYourConsumption (C++ Application):
- Developed an application to display and track yearly beer drinking statistics.
- This application can help a user understand their drinking habits and see how much they consume in a given year and what kind of beers, breweries, and styles of beer they associate themselves with.
- Utilized CSV files to import and export data efficiently.
- Contained list of beers with vectors and used a hash table for the frequency counts of beers and breweries.
- Displays total ABV consumption and ounces for a year, and also biggest month of consumption for the course of a year with how many beers drank, total ABV for month, and total amount of ounces for the month.
BigFiveBuzz (Android Application)
GitHub Link: https://github.com/DanielDDore/BigFiveBuzz
- Based on the “Big Five” tech companies, built an application for users to view stock quotes for the five companies, see articles about ongoing company news, and also a chatroom to discuss the companies’ activities and people’s interests in the businesses.
- Used the IEX Trading API to gather real-time stock data for Amazon, Apple, Facebook, Google, and Microsoft. There is also a details activity that displays more stock information.
- Utilized a recycler-view and adapter to update the stock activity in real time.
- Created a News Activity that utilizes the News API to gather Google News on the Big Five in real time.
- Developed a chatroom for users to interact with one another and copy messages/links.
Seattle’s Restaurants (Android Application)
- Developed an Android application using Zomato API to display restaurants in Seattle.
- Utilized RecylerView and RecylerViewAdapter to be able to refresh the content in real time.
- Created a details activity that displays details about the restaurant and a map launcher button.
Visualizing Trump, Drugs, and Baseball (Python)
- Used Pandas library to make dataframes of large datasets to extract needed data.
- Asked questions about the data and visualized it with tools such as MatPlotLib.
- Utilized Jupyter notebooks to display my code and create a story about the data.
- Developed analysis about Trump’s ratings, drug usage by twenty-one year olds, and baseball.
JaneStreetETC2017 (Bond Trading Bot) (Python)
GitHub Link: https://github.com/DanielDDore/JaneStreetETC2017
- Developed a virtual trading bot.
- Established a TCP connection and ran on an Amazon EC2 Cloud virtual machine.
- Traded and sold bonds with the bot earning large profits.
- Calculated a formula to predict the most profitable route for bond trading.
- In the lightning round, ranked in the top ten.